Thursday, August 30, 2012

!!! FAN EXPO 2012 !!!!

The third largest fan gathering in North America. 

Fan expo was this last weekend, August 24-26. Fan expo is *for those few who don't know* is a gathering of fans from horror, comic, Sci-fi, Anime and Gaming. Basically a gathering of nerds and costumers, alike. They had authors, actors, amazing vendors, Xbox, the space channel was there. 
Fan expo is in its 18th year, and has grown in numbers. It features of 700 exhibitors and well known, and up-and-coming actors, authors and TV/internet personalities.

This was my first year at fan expo, I stayed for Saturday, which needless to say wasn't enough. There was so much to do, and so much to buy. My mom, brother and sister, and I went. We each got to meet Chris Sarandon, who is most known for his voice acting of Jack Skellington. My sister got his autograph which was really cool. As you all know, I love to read. LOVE to read. So going to fan expo was awesome in the way of that, they had publishing booths and seminars. Kelly Armstrong was there, Lesley Livingston, also I met a brand new author Marie Bilodeau who I love. I hadn't heard of her before fan expo. 

I loved being there, the convention center is huge, the food is WAY overpriced, it would be completely impossible to have enough money there. By that I mean there is are many vendors and books, and movies, and actors that I wanted to meet, get my photograph with, and get their autograph, I don't think there is any amount of money that you would be %100 satisfied with. 

Saying that, even though my family and I did not have a lot of money we still had a blast. Fan expo isn't just limited to one genre, it has four. It is huge. It was awesome. 

This is defintely something you must do before you die. Have you heard of Revolution? It is the new CityTV program that airs September 17th. CityTV was there handing out posters for the cast to sign, the wait was long but worth. I have to say that it looks really good and I'll be trying to catch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment