Saturday, December 22, 2012

This Christmas


The best gift you can give someone is a book. 


And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. I'm stating a little known fact. 

Books are the best gifts to get someone, beside of course, figurines, because they last forever. When it comes to books I've gotten for Christmas I have kept nearly all of them. I think the best thing about giving a book is that if at the time you get it, you don't like it or the story doesn't make sense to you, one day when you go back and read it again, you will discover something you didn't know before. 

I think also giving a book says a lot about the person giving it as well. If you're aunt gives you a copy of A Little Princess, it is like she is passing on a story to you. One of my aunts gave me a couple books one Christmas--The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I haven't forgotten those book--in fact I still have them. So I suggest to all you people out there give a book to someone you love, give your friend or loved one a copy of your favorite book. Books are gifts that last...(and by the way this is just another reason why real books pwn electronic books.)


I wish you all a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah, or, to simplify things, Happy Holidays! 



Check out the link below to see a video of John Green recommending books for any taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment