Thursday, February 20, 2014

On The Subject of Change



       After a lot of personal debating I've come to the conclusion that there needs to be changes implemented within this blog.

       I don't believe many of you know that I have two other *main* blogs including this one--and that is not including Tumblr's, Pinterest, WeHeartIt and Facebook.

       The original idea behind having three other blogs was that I felt the need to split my interests up which as you can imagine, has split me up. I have one blog dedicated to chronic pain which is a huge part of my life. I have one strictly for writing--personal or creative, and then I have this one--which I attempted to use to focus on book related things.

     Splitting myself up, and trying to run each blog as a separate part of myself has turned out to be too hard which is why I've decided I need to change up my tactics a bit. Splitting myself up is too hard at the moment, and much too overwhelming. Which is why I've decided to announce today, that my blog is going to be changing a little. I think this will be a good change because I will still be posting book related content all that will change is that I'll be posting more on different things.

      Have any of you ever seen Neil Gaiman talking about his anthology Fragile Things?? Well, he says that in the beginning he wasn't going to include any poems in this one, but then he had this poem that would have been perfect for it, so he added it in. Eventually he goes on to say that putting the poems into the anthology doesn't raise the price--so the poems are free, a gift of sorts.

    Well, same basic idea goes for this blog--the cost of reading it, which for you is a big *$0.00* will not go up or down.


    There may be more personal posts, or others related to TV or music.

      Maybe I'll even include some vegetarian recipes or some hilarious stories about being a vegetarian in a meat-eating family. You wouldn't believe the looks I`ve gotten.

 My blog is going to change because it just needs to. I can`t strictly have a blog where all I do is attempt to review books to varying degrees of effectiveness--it is too impersonal and too ineffective.

If any of my friends read this blog they'd know how my future involves a lot of typing--that and hopefully running.
But typing for sure. 
Everyday, all day.
 Typing. 
In case you don't get that what I mean...I mean I'll be writing novels, articles maybe, books, anthologies, graphic novels, hopefully screen plays, and the list goes on. 

So my blog is going to be changing a little. 
And I am actually really excited to announce that; I hope any of my regular readers *if I have any that is* won't be too upset with the changes. Just remember, all the extra posts are free-er. 
Also, I`ll attach the video of Neil Gaiman below. 

Have a fantastic day. 






“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment